Data Architect (Digital Farming Solutions) – English Speaking – Remote Working Role (with up to 20% travel in Europe – Expenses paid). Start Date: 4th September 2022. 16 Month Contract Role – End Client!
Our global manufacturing client, is looking to hire an experienced data architect to join their EMEA Digital Farming Solution IT Team, to design, develop, optimize, and oversee a new data infrastructure for Digital farming data within the EMEA region, to extract and organize data for authorized individuals to access.
The aim is to move forward with a consolidated data planning, strategy & governance, working in the definition and implementation of a global integrated data strategy for digital farming solution.
The role involves examining new data system requirements and implement migration models. You will need proven experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities and experience in data migration project management.
Identifying internal and external data sources, collaborating with project and function related to digital farming to determine their data types, data storage and reporting needs (input and output) will also be needed. Lead a project to gather the data from the different data sources (online and offline) and migrate them to a new database infrastructure.
* Analyze the data landscape which data are now in legacy systems and which should be migrate to a new consolidated database
* Lead complex data migration projects
* Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
* Coordinating with other team members to reach project milestones and deadlines
* Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
* Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
* Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve regional digital farming related data.
* Design conceptual and logical data models and flowchart
* Design every aspect of a database.
* Identifying installation solutions for new databases
* Determining the requirements for a new database
* Educate staff members through training and individual support.
* Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
* Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
* Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications
* Define security and backup procedures
* Coordinate with the Data Science department to identify future needs and requirements
* A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
* Proven work experience as a Data Architect
* Experience in complex data migration projects
* In-depth understanding of database structure principles
* Experience gathering, analyzing and migration of data from multiple sources
* Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
* Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
* Outstanding problem solving attitude
* Expertise in GCP
* Proficiency in MS Excel
* Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
* Mastery of specific types of databases, such as relational or foundational databases
* Experience with database management software Data management skills
Related Keywords: Data Architect, Digital Farming, Data Migration, Tableau, D3.js, Agriculture