Interim SAP Manager – English Speaking – Hesse, Germany. Flexible Start Date: April / May 2021. 6 Month Contract. END-CLIENT!
Our end-client based in the region of Hesse, Germany requires an Interim SAP Manager to temporarily cover the duties of the current In-house SAP Manager who is leaving the company. The duration of the contract is estimated to be at least 6 months as it is anticipated to take quite some time to find a suitable permanent replacement. The client prefers someone who can work onsite, however remote work can be considered.
- Responsible for managing planning and overseeing ERP project delivery and operational acceptance of solutions deployed into production;
- Ensure the adherence of standards and SAP best practices;
- Review and Assure complete quality documentation for the SAP environment;
- Liaise with the functional and business teams;
- Provide support for other application and services as requested by Leadership, contribute where possible in areas outside of the Leadership technical expertise;
- Utilize knowledge of defined reference architectures, technology trends and implementation experience to translate business requirements into a system and landscape solution blueprint that represents an end-to-end technical solution;
- Provide input for the solution road map, integrating multiple disparate processes, and addressing short and long term organizational goals;
- Ensure that changes to the SAP environment are delivered in line with the business standards in terms of development and testing;
- Ensure that changes to dependent applications are viable in SAP landscape and do not cause a detrimental impact to live systems;
- Lead activities during upgrades and releases with multiple stakeholders, working with change and release management processes;
- Work closely with all parties internal and external to the organization to ensure proactive and organized definition to delivery and operation control of all projects, changes or corrections.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Ability to assess service transition risks
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the IT process competency principles and practices, Project management skills;
- Ability to identify and escalate project risks;
- Develop relationships across the Organization;
- Ability to translate project deliverables to operational task;
- Adopt a logical and organized approach to problem resolution;
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions;
- Willingness to learn and quickly adapt to changing requirements;
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options;
- Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
- Must have 10 plus years of experience demonstrating leadership and management experience in SAP technology project delivery capacity;
- 10 years working with SAP technology and infrastructure planning;
- Proven and in depth knowledge of multi SAP modules and solutions namely but not restricted to FI, CO, MM, SD, BW, GRC, Solution Manager.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Software Development Lifecycle;
- Significant experience of Service Management, Change and Release Management and Quality Management techniques gained through IT program / project delivery and in an IT support environment;
- Experience of working within multi-location teams;
- Experience of working in large programs of work
- Experience of leading small teams in project delivery
- Very good understanding of the customer strategy, services and business processes;
- Ability to work and team effectively with IT Services groups and other management personnel including on a global, virtual basis;
- Track record of customer focus, based on openness, trust, and delivering on promises;
- Excellent customer service, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good understanding of structured project management techniques;
- Experience working within a multi-cultural environment
- Must be fluent in English.
Project management Technology Skills or Exposure
- Operating system (Windows/Linux )
- Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, HANA)
- SAP NetWeaver, ECC, CRM, SRM, MDM, CLM, CPM, PI/PO, BODs. Fiori, Duet. SAP charm
- SAP HANA experience
- SAP Solution Manager
- Project Management skills for planning and coordination
- Cloud delivery exposure
- Coordinate/lead multiple projects/activities with competing priorities.
- Multi-year experience in supporting a complex SAP landscape with architecture, design and deployment experience of major release/project roll-out.
- Understand service models and ability to prioritize based on impacts to business operations
- Directly supervise project staff members in operations and support, and delivery of systems to business and or technical requirements
- Adapt departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
- Take accountability for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
- As appropriate set priorities for the team to ensure task completion and coordinate work activities with other supervisors
- Coordinate and supervise the daily activities of team members and/or business representatives as appropriate
- Demonstrate an inclusive and globally aware mindset
- Ability and flexibility to work in a virtual environment across multiple time zones
- Flexibility to work non-standard hours in supporting global production systems.
Related keywords: Interim SAP Manager, Temporary SAP Manager, External SAP Manager, SAP Project Manager, SAP Program Manager, SAP Team Manager, SAP Projektmanager, SAP Projektleiter, SAP Leiter, SAP Projekt Manager, SAP Leitere, SAP-Projektmanagement, SAP-Projektmanager, SAP-Koordinator, SAP-Projektleiter, SAP-Projektleiter