IT Network and Security Team Lead – English Speaking – Berlin, Germany – 50% Remote Working – Permanent Role – Start Date: Flexible August 2022 onwards. Total Compensation € 118,000 per annum + benefits. End Client!
Our fantastic global industrial customer in Berlin, Germany is looking to hire an experienced Network and Security Team Leader with a good understanding of Cloud technologies and future strategy to lead a global team and take responsibility for product selection with a € 5m – € 10m annual budget.
In this role as a Team Lead – Global IT Network & Security, you will lead the global network team (internal and external staff) of 6 colleagues including their responsibilities.
As part of the Infrastructure team you will be operating, improving and extending the global network infrastructure that is connecting more than 60 locations world wide.
* Managing global SD-WAN, SD-LAN and WiFi services, zScaler proxy infrastructure, DNS and DHCP services, administration & monitoring, including Incident resolution, problem management
* Enable effortless access to all company resources while maintaining a high level of security
* Liaison to relevant vendors regarding problems, fixes, and required enhancements
* Manage projects of small to global scale (leading internal, 3rd party and external partners)
* Create, maintain and live processes and strategies related to Cloud connectifity, Business Continuity and Security
* Oversee and direct the timely evaluation, qualification, and implementation of new technologies and tools, with strong focus on Cloud strategy.
Skills & Experience needed:
* Experience in managing global teams
* Professional years with demonstrated success in operating mission critical infrastructure
* Deep understanding of office and production networks, cloud environments, WAN optimization, proxy technologies and project management
* Track record in successfully transitioning traditional network Infrastructure to a Software defined networking approach
* Technology/Product/Provider Experience: AWS, Software defined Networking (SD-WAN, SD-LAN), Juniper, Fortinet Firewalls, HP Arbua, zScaler Proxy, Riverbed WAN optimization, DNS
* Exciting role in a prestigious, finacially stable company
* Flexible working times in flexitime
* 30 days holiday leave + extra donatable days
* Hybrid working (50% remote working)
* Personal development opportunities throughout the company
* Free parking spaces, company restaurant, a wide range of health & insurance services (e. g. company doctor, employer-funded pension, disability insurance) and many exclusive partner offers.
Our customer is open to hiring a hands-on or a hands-off Network & Security Team Leader. The primary function is to manage the team of 6, vendor negotiations, and no hands-on configuration will be expected, as long as you have a good understanding of the concepts and proven Network leadership experience.
Related keywords: IT Networks, Network, Networking, IT Security, SD-WAN, Software-defined wide-area network, SD-LAN, Software-defined local-area network, SDN, Cloud, WiFi, DNS, DHCP, AWS, Amazon Web Services, Juniper, Fortinet Firewalls, HP Arbua, zScaler Proxy, Riverbed WAN optimization