IT Project Manager – English speaking – Johannesburg, South Africa (Remote work possible). Start: 1st February 2021. 12 Month Contract. End-Client! Job ID: 9581
Our end-client client in Johannesburg, South Africa, is currently looking for an IT Project Manager to lead, plan and manage medium-to-large sized projects of moderate to high complexity. The client uses SAP as their core ERP system as well as various other satellite and legacy IT software. The role will be based in Johannesburg, South Africa although remote work will be possible during Covid-19 restrictions and also during certain phases of the project.
Global Job purpose
The IT project manager is responsible to lead, plan and manage medium-to-large sized IT projects of moderate to high complexity, across multiple countries and ensures project results and appropriate change management. They contribute to positive business value and meet agreed on scope, cost, schedule, and quality objectives according to compliance standards. They ensure that business expectations are aligned to actual project scope and delivery of business value realization.
Project scope and expectations
The scope of projects which the project manager will be responsible for will consist of the digital transformation projects in Africa which enables the smallholder strategy through digitizing the core. The projects include elements such as mobile apps, product supply, rewards and incentives, analytics and reporting, CRM, commercial marketing and sales. The client uses SAP as their core ERP system as well as various other satellite and legacy IT software. As the Africa projects are adapted from and developed with the APAC teams, strong collaboration between the project manager, the APAC project manager and APAC teams will be required.
Projects will be expanded to other countries post 2021 with a possible opportunity to extend the contract. Working hours are between 8am and 5pm, 5 days per week (Mon-Fri). Time should be managed to effectively work across Africa and APAC time zones. Occasional travel to the country where the project is rolled out, might be required. Working remotely through virtual collaboration is essential and access to reliable internet connection is required.
Major tasks and responsibilities:
* Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
* Develops and manages cross-functional IT projects and infrastructure initiatives
* Establishes and maintains appropriate business relationships with assigned business partners, sponsors, key stakeholders and project members and acts as management focal point for project-related activities and change management
* Ensures that the project is carried out to a high standard and complies with the company’s polices and guidelines – specifically IT, health, and safety
* Establishes, maintains, and leads the project team.
* Plans, schedules, and tracks project timelines, milestones, and deliverables
* Develops clear and concise documentation to identify processes, problems, and action plans
* Manages and monitors project scope, risks, issues and problems including user service requests and user quality/reliability and reports progress to management stakeholders
* Collaborates across multiple functions, departments, and levels
* Run projects across multiple countries
Qualifications (Education, skills, experiences and personal characteristics necessary for success)
* Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
* Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients
* Strong ability to manage projects which consists of multiple technology stacks
* Extensive knowledge of project management processes, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods
* In-depth knowledge of project planning techniques
* Ability to work in a team environment, remotely/virtually and across various countries
* Problem-solving and decision-making skills and time management skills
* Should be able to take a hands on approach during projects if needed
* Bachelor’s degree with concentrations in information technology or other related field
* Advanced degree preferred
* Certification in Program /Project/ Process Management desirable (e.g. (PMI ®, PRINCE II ®, Six sigma)
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience including a minimum of 3 years’ experience of applied project management experience
Keywords: IT Project Manager, ICT Project Manager, Prince 2, Prince II, PMI, PM, SAP, IS Project Manager, Information Technology, Information Systems, ERP, CRM