SAP ABAP Developer – English Speaking – Chennai, India – 80%-100% Remote Work From Home! Start Date: Flexible 4th May 2021 onwards. End Client! Permanent Role. Competitive Market Salary + Benefits.
Our international manufacturing client is looking for an SAP ABAP Developer to assist in preparing detailed program specifications/design documentation, developing programs and interfaces, participating in testing, and supporting the production environment with minor enhancements/changes. Primary focus will be related to ABAP development.
The role is part of the groups current rolling out their Global instance of SAP S/4HANA to multiple companies in their group across Europe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Besides coding and developing a SAP module with the help of the programming language, ABAP developers perform a number of other tasks, some of which are given below:
* Understanding the needs and requirements of the clients by coordinating with their representatives and seeking clarity on every minute detail in order to provide the best possible solution.
* Consulting with professionals from other departments and those working on specific SAP modules such as SAP FI/CO, MM, HR and BW to ensure a consistent experience to the various users on the client’s side.
* Writing the code using ABAP programming language on the basis of the blueprint provided by the clients and performing regular tests on the usability of the code.
* Ensuring that all programs are completed in schedule as per the client’s guidelines and allocating appropriate resources to achieve this.
* Providing technical support to the end users in the form of troubleshooting guidelines and modifications to the system after it has been delivered. Training the end users and client representatives is also performed at this stage of the SAP ABAP software life cycle.
* To stay updated with the latest technological advancement and changes in the world of SAP development and adapting to these changes by self-training and research work.
* Assist in the identification of multiple alternatives and objectively evaluate each for the best solution balancing both business needs and cost/benefits.
* Demonstrate strong formal and informal communication skills including: written, oral and team.
* Reads, writes, and communicates fluently in English.
* Extensive prior experience in the field of ABAP programming and SAP modules is an essential skill set required for any person to pursue a career as an ABAP developer.
* Must have good analytical and problem solving skills in order to carry out their daily functions effectively. In depth knowledge of SAP systems such as SD, FICO, MM and PP etc is also required for ABAP developers. Prior experience in object oriented programming, ABAP lists and other related fields is also a prerequisite for jobs in this field.
* Other development skills / languages would be an asset: Java, Adobe Form Development, Fiori Development
* Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as good interpersonal abilities.
* They must have the capability to work well in a team-based environment as well as on their own since the organizational structure of ABAP developers varies from one company to another.
Practical Work Experience Required:
* 5 – 10 years of commercial applications programming experience.
* 8 – 10 years of systems analysis and design experience.
* 5 years in experience related to a specific functional area within the business, such as accounting, distribution, manufacturing, etc.
* Read, write and communicate fluently in English.
Special Knowledge and Skill:
* In-depth knowledge of specific functional areas of business operations (manufacturing, finance & accounting, sales & distribution, etc.).
* In-depth knowledge of the SAP application software, including its functions and capabilities, installation and support requirements.
* Proficiency in analysis, design and testing techniques.
* Must be highly skilled in the use of personal computers. This includes proficient use of office applications (word, excel, powerpoint, etc); web browsers; groupware applications (email, calendar, etc); and SAP integration components (SAP GUI, Business Explorer, GuiXT, etc).
* Working knowledge of the following computing platforms: Primary focus on HP Unix, PC desktop and network platforms and working knowledge of Linux platforms.
* Working knowledge of the following databases Primary focus on SAP/Oracle, with experience in SAPDB, and network based DB tool such as Access, Paradox, etc.
* Proficiency with various SAP application and development tools, such as ABAP, AdobeForms, Smartforms, SAPScript, Debug and trace utilities, report writer, query tools, HTML development, XML transformations, Workflow, etc.
* Basic understanding of IT communications networks.
What’s on offer:
* Position in leading global manufacturing company
* Global projects, international environment
* One instance SAP global system with most modules
* Opportunity professionally to learn and grow within the company globally.
* Flexible working hours, home office – 80% of the time.
Project Dependent – up to 10% (expenses paid)
Related keywords: SAP ABAP, SAP ABAP OO, SAP Developer, SAP Programmer, SAP Software Engineer, Entwickler, Programmierer, Softwareentwickler,AdobeForms, Smartforms, SAPScript