SAP ABAP Development Lead – French Speaking – Marseille, France. Flexible Start Date from June 2021 Onwards. Permanent Job. Salary up to €80,000 gross per annum + Relocation Assistance + Benefits. End-Client!
Our end-client based in the city of Marseille, France is looking for an SAP ABAP Development Lead to join their prestigious organisation which can be considered to be one of France’s greatest success stories! A family-run business that began with humble beginnings over 40 years ago rapidly grew to one of the world’s largest companies with a presence in over 160 countries with over 700 offices and warehouses, employing more than 100,000 people worldwide, including over 2,000 in their beautiful Marseille office!
This is one of France’s finest companies to work for where the company puts a huge emphasis on the wellbeing and continuous career advancement of it’s employees. There are many great career paths within the company and they offer each employee the option to easily move teams and move to different departments if they wish in order to achieve their career ambitions.
During the past year the company has proved to be highly resilient to the disruptions of the Corona pandemic and has continued to grow and expand it’s business ventures both in France and internationally. The company has a strong digital transformation program, has an entrepreneurial mindset and is highly conscious of the environment and always looking for greener solutions to lower it’s carbon footprint.
The Finance Department has already started a major program of transformation of the Finance function (2020 – 2023) with the IT Department in order to lead, facilitate and secure the transition to the SAP Finance solution.
In this context, the group wishes to strengthen a dedicated SAP project team, to support the transformation program in this large-scale migration to the SAP solution and to stabilize the group’s legacy.
We are therefore looking for an SAP ABAP Development Lead profile, able to provide strong development expertise to implement SAP Finance modules (FI, CO, MM, AP, FICA), in close collaboration with business users, as well as as internal and external technical and functional teams.
As SAP ABAP Development Lead within the project team, you are in charge of:
- Deploy and develop the existing SAP solution with the various business entities
- Work in Agile mode by collaborating with the business and members of the Key Project Core Team to identify, analyze, interpret and prepare development models ensuring consistency with the requirements of other business process owners and experts
- Manage and support the SAP development team
- Be responsible for the smooth running of SAP developments (ABAP, idoc, Odata) by the integration company, by writing and managing the technical specifications as well as the non-functional requirements attached to the development of the solution as well as to all the interfaces incoming and outgoing with other operational systems (SAP TM, Ariba, etc…)
- Provide support to Architects (Technical and Solution) regarding the design of the target solution and its interfaces, in particular on complex development issues (Opentext integration)
- Organize, prepare and execute the technical tests resulting from the functional use cases
- Guarantee compliance with SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Create training documentation and provide training as needed
- Ensure regular reporting to management on meeting deadlines, progress of tasks and risks
- Apply the company’s methods and processes.
These activities are not exhaustive and can evolve according to the needs of the project.
Required Skills and Experience:
- You have at least 8 years of SAP ABAP development experience.
- At least 3 years in a similar role, as a Lead consultant or Lead Developer managing a team of between 5-10 people
- You have led at least 2 full lifecycle end-to-end implementations, preferably on the deployment of global SAP solutions
- You master the SAP environment, ideally Finance and the development of its solutions (including AP, ABAP, integration, Idoc Management, and Odata processes)
- You also master the development on other technologies (.net, SQL, …)
- You bring knowledge of development tools, methods and standards
- You have already had the experience of managing offshore teams
- You have an excellent ability to manage your priorities and follow the progress of several subjects in parallel
- You must be fluent in French (minimum C1 level)
- You must be fluent in English (minimum C1 level)
You should also have the following qualities:
- Autonomy and proactive behaviour,
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical and synthesis skills
- Team spirit, leadership, strong management skills
- Ability to work in an international environment in contact with offshore teams
- Ability to learn new technical subjects
- Responsiveness, rigor, professionalism
- The salary on offer is subject to your level of knowledge, skills and experience and ranges between €60,000 – €80,000 gross per annum.
- It is deemed to be the candidate’s responsibility to cover all relocation costs to Marseille, however, it may be possible for the company to provide some small gesture of good will to help you to relocate. A lump sum of €1000 – €2000 may be possible and would need to be discussed during the interviews.
- Laptop computer
- 27 days holidays + 12 RTT (days off, that can be cumulative)
- Flexible working hours
- 1 day per week remote working from home
- Beautiful modern office
Related keywords: SAP ABAP Lead, SAP ABAP Team Lead, SAP ABAP Coordinator, SAP ABAP Manager, SAP ABAP Developer, SAP ABAP Programmer, SAP Development, SAP Programming, SAP Software Engineer, Advanced Business Application Programming, SAP Développeur, SAP Programmeur