SAP ABAP Techno-Functional Consultant – English Speaking. Location: 100% Remote working in Ireland. Flexible Start Date from November 2021 Onwards. Permanent Job. Competitive Salary + Highly Attractive Bonus Scheme with OTE (On Target Earnings) potential of up to €110,000 per annum.
Our client based in the Republic of Ireland, is looking for an SAP ABAP Techno-Functional Consultant (or ABAP developer willing to learn the functional skills) to join their team. Although this job is based 100% from your home address, for legal payroll / contractual reasons you must live in Ireland or be willing to relocate to Ireland.
As an SAP ABAP Techno-Functional Consultant, you will plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing duties personally or through subordinates or supervisors. This position is a home-based role with approximately 30% travel throughout the year to customer sites.
The ideal candidate would be someone who is an ABAP Developer (primarily across the 3 core areas SD, MM, FI, with good exposure to interfacing external systems) and who has also worked as an SAP Functional Consultant (again in any of the core areas SD, MM, FI). Effectively they are looking for a Hybrid of functional/technical, although they will consider an ABAP developer who has coded in these modules and is willing to learn some functional skills.
Our client can offer you the opportunity to work on many S/4HANA projects with some of the biggest companies in the world, with scope for you to build greater technical and functional skills on many complex and challenging projects.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages and oversees all aspects of the implementation of the company’s products with Financial Systems, primarily. This would include requirements gathering, development of solution design specific to the customer’s needs, as well as configuration, testing, training, transition to production, and post go-live support. Identifies and investigates client issues and circumstances, and provides recommendations, alternatives, risks and benefits.
- Serves as the product functionality “translator” for clients and as primary liaison between the Solution Team and the client.
- Works collaboratively and builds relationships with client business and IT staff. Identifies additional areas of need at each client and responds with a proposal as necessary
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project and assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan, provide technical advice, resolve problems, and to assign project duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority, where necessary.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Analyzes and configures plans for the system to help clients realize their ultimate vision.
- Acts as point of escalation to ensure client satisfaction. Identifies and investigates client issues and circumstances and provides recommendations, alternatives, risks and benefits.
- Develops and successfully implements best practice solution methodology. Achieves service quota as an Individual Contributor, works to ensure assigned resources meet individual service quotas.
- Collaborates with the Practice Director and Leader to determine software and solution offerings to maximize revenue within a business channel.
- Executes a strategy that differentiates the company’s offerings from those of competitors and remains flexible enough to allow engagements to be fulfilled by multiple service providers when necessary.
- Exercises sound judgment to manage the day-to-day client relationship and expectations.
- Exercises independence and judgment in the completion of familiar tasks and seeks guidance when needed.
- Provide guidance to and mentor more junior team members. Builds stable working relationships within the work group as well as with internal and/or customers. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of strong core ABAP skills with knowledge of ABAP-OO
- Must have 4 years of systems integration experience.
- Must have development experience with SD, MM and FI modules (or heavy exposure to one of them if you do not have exposure to all 3 modules).
- Must have experience with interfaces (IDOCs, proxies etc.)
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, presentation)
- Excellent interpersonal skill.
- Strong relationship building, problem solving, decision making, project management, and conflict resolution skills.
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, MS-Project and Visio.
Nice to have but not mandatory:
- Strong time management skill. Familiarity with XML and/or Java a plus.
- Strong/good understanding of SAP flows e.g. sales process, purchasing process, inter-company process.
- Strong/good understanding of SAP master data set up
- Configuration experience of pricing procedures, SD condition types
- VOFM routines
- Configuration experience of GL accounts
- You must be fluent in English
- The salary on offer is subject to your level of skills, knowledge and experience. The company offers a highly attractive bonus scheme with an OTE (On Target Earnings) potential of up to €110,000 gross per annum.
- Full details of the salary and bonus structure will be discussed during a phone call.
- In this role you will be based 100% from your home and travel up to 30% to customer sites throughout the year.
- You must either live in or relocate to Ireland. You cannot work remotely from any other country.
- You must already have valid work permission for Ireland in place. Sponsorship for a work permit is not possible.
Related Keywords: SAP ABAP, SAP ABAP OO, SAP ABAP Object Oriented. SAP FI, SAP Finance, SAP SD, SAP Sales & Distribution, SAP MM, SAP Materials Management, SAP S/4HANA.