SAP PI / PO Consultant – English speaking – Cardiff, UK. Permanent Job. Start: Nov/Dec/Jan 2020. Up to £60,000/annum plus benefits. End Client!
Our end client in Cardiff, UK is looking for an SAP PI / PO (Process Integration / Process Orchestration) Consultant to perform the PI programming, design, deployment and maintenance of SAP PI /PO solutions. They are setting up a new IS organization to support Global functions and will be implementing S/4HANA.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in PI development, environment administration and support on current releases of PI
* Experience in requirements gathering, graphical mapping and documenting technical designs
* Expertise managing services in the Enterprise Services Repository
* Experience configuring in the Integration Builder and System Landscape Directory
* Expertise in data element types and various file formats (CSV, XML, etc.)
* Expertise in data transmission methods (FTP, sFTP, AS2, etc.)
* Solid database development skills including knowledge of SQL and table design
* Experience supporting A2A and B2B interface scenarios across various SAP functional areas
* Working knowledge of Web Services, RFC, and data exchange via IDoc with ALE/ EDI
* Understanding of EDI concepts and transactions, including ordering, invoicing, logistics and finance with the ability to read and interpret EDI mapping specifications
* Experience building reports, interfaces and enhancements using ABAP/Object Oriented ABAP and the ABAP Workbench, leveraging core functionality such as Proxies, Function Modules, BAPIs, BAdIs, BDCs, ALV and User Exits/Enhancement Spots
* Possess a solid understanding of PO/PI technical architecture, infrastructure and interface development, including scripting, configuration, adapters, integrations, testing, administration and monitoring
* Create technical design documents that properly map customer requirements to the business process
* Monitor and support the PI technical landscape, including communication channel management, queues, configuration and transport processing for test and production environments
* Perform PI troubleshooting, analysis, exception handling and reprocessing as needed to maintain reliable day-to-day operations
* Perform performance analysis and tuning of PI components and interfaces
* Facilitate detailed requirements gathering that accurately captures stakeholder specifications
* Assist with establishing PI standards, best practices and strategy for the best use of the PI tool set
* Collaborate with project managers and business analyst to ensure development is on track and to resolve issues and provide root cause analysis for defects.
* Create or update interface documentation and lead team learning sessions to promote knowledge transfer
* Engages across multiple departments and technical teams to develop solutions to company strategic and operating opportunities.