IT Network and Security Team Leader – English Speaking – Berlin, Germany – 60% Remote Working (work from home) – Permanent Role. Start Date: Flexible – November 2021 onwards. Competitive Market Salary + bonus + benefits. End Client!
Our global industrial customer in Berlin, Germany is looking to hire an experienced Network and Security Team Leader with a good understanding of Cloud technologies and future strategy to lead a global remote team and take responsibility for product selection with a € 3m – € 5m annual budget.
In this role as a IT Network and Security Team Leader, you will lead the global network team (internal and external staff) of 6 colleagues including their responsibilities. As part of the Infrastructure team you will be operating, improving and extending the global network infrastructure that is connecting more than 60 locations world wide.
You will help to continuously improve the user experience, cost efficiency, reliability and compliance of the network infrastructure and build a solid IT foundation for our global userbase.
Where your expertise is needed:
* Managing global SD-WAN, SD-LAN and WiFi services, zScaler proxy infrastructure, DNS and DHCP services, administration & monitoring, including Incident resolution, problem management
* Enable effortless access to all company resources while maintaining a high level of security
* Liaison to relevant vendors regarding problems, fixes, and required enhancements
* Manage projects of small to global scale (leading internal, 3rd party and external partners)
* Create, maintain and live processes and strategies related to the Cloud connectifity, Business Continuity and Security
* Oversee and direct the timely evaluation, qualification, and implementation of new technologies and tools, with strong focus on Cloud strategy
Your skills and competences:
* Several years of professional experience in managing global teams with demonstrated success in operating mission critical infrastructure
* Deep understanding of office and production networks, cloud environments, WAN optimization, proxy technologies and project management
* Track record in successfully transitioning traditional network Infrastructure to a Software defined networking approach
* Technology/Product/Provider Experience: AWS, Software defined Networking (SD-WAN, SD-LAN), Juniper, Fortinet Firewalls, HP Aruba, zScaler Proxy, Riverbed WAN optimization, DNS
* An excellent communicator and influencer that speaks English (C2 level)
* Experience in project management as well as strategy development. Ambiguous situations and change do not scare you, but motivate you
* This is a fantastic, international company and the role is diverse and will involve managing a team of 5 – 7 (will grow further) infrastructure engineers based internationally in different countries
* The role can be based 60% remotely with 2 days per week in the office in Berlin for workshops, strategy meetings and brainstorming with your team.
* This is an “open office” culture with hot desking
* Above average competitive market salary
* 30 days holiday
* Various Insurances
* Health Services
* Company Canteen
* 13th month’s salary
Related keywords: Manager, IT Network, Team Leader, IT Security, Cloud, Server, SD-WAN, SD-LAN and WiFi services, zScaler proxy infrastructure, DNS and DHCP services, administration & monitoring, Incident resolution, problem management, Juniper, Fortinet Firewalls, HP Arbua, zScaler Proxy, Riverbed WAN optimization, DNS