IT Infrastructure Team Leader (Cloud/Server/Storage) – English Speaking – Berlin, Germany – 60% Remote Working (work from home) – Permanent Role – Start Date: Flexible November 2021 onwards. Competitive Market Salary + bonus + benefits. End Client!
Our global industrial customer in Berlin, Germany is looking to hire an experienced IT Infrastructure Team Leader with a good understanding of Cloud technologies and future strategy to lead a global remote team and take responsibility for product selection with a € 3m – € 5m annual budget.
In this role you will lead the global SSC team (internal and external staff) of 5 to 7 technical specialists, including their HR responsibilities. As part of the Cloud and Hosting Infrastructure team you will be operating, improving and extending the AWS environment. You will help to continuously improve the user experience, cost efficiency, reliability and compliance of the platform and reduce toil for the many developers interacting with the platform on a daily basis.
Strong experience working with Cloud technologies is essential, since the company is heavily cloud-focused (AWS), but they are also not product centric (any of AWS, Google or Microsoft Cloud experience is welcome).
* Managing AWS Cloud services, Software deployment and upgrades, System setup, administration & monitoring, including Incident resolution, problem management
* Drive the cloud adoption within the entire organization, and articulate the risks/opportunities from leveraging Cloud Infrastructure
* Liaison to relevant vendors regarding problems, fixes, and required enhancements
* Manage projects of small to global scale (leading internal, 3rd party and external partners)
* Create, maintain and live processes and strategies related to the in house Data Center and Cloud Infrastructure, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity
* Oversee and direct the timely evaluation, qualification, and implementation of new software products, tools, with a focus on Cloud strategy
* Key player in enterprise datacenter modernization initiative by researching, designing, recommending, and implementing an AWS cloud infrastructure which supports global business applications and operations
* Assist with the planning and migration of legacy applications to the AWS Cloud
* Provide day-to-day leadership and operational management in area of responsibility.
* Scheduling, shift management and other team management administrative duties
Your skills and competences:
* Experience in leading / managing global teams 5+ years with demonstrated success in operating mission critical infrastructure, minimum of 3 years of cloud experience
* Deep understanding of cloud computing, server and storage management, virtualization, project management
* Track record in successfully transitioning from on premise to public cloud utilizing Infrastructure as Code on Terraform
* Technology/Product/Provider Experience: AWS, Windows, Active Directory, CentOS, RedHat Linux, Riverbed Steel Fusion, VMWare, HP 3Par, Veeam Backup, Storage Area Network (SAN), Microsoft Azure, WAN acceleration
* Working knowledge of AWS backup and disaster recovery processes
* Provide day-to-day leadership and operational management in area of responsibility
* Ability to work within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignments autonomously. This position will require working with several departments and different personalities
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* This is a fantastic, international company and the role is diverse and will involve managing a team of 5 – 7 (will grow further) infrastructure engineers based internationally in different countries
* The role can be based 60% remotely with 2 days per week in the office in Berlin for workshops, strategy meetings and brainstorming with your team.
* This is an “open office” culture with hot desking
* Above average competitive market salary
* 30 days holiday
* Various Insurances
* Health Services
* Company Canteen
* 13th month’s salary
Related keywords: Manager, IT Infrastructure, Team Leader, Cloud, Server, Storage, AWS, Google, Microsoft, Data Centre, Date Center, Disaster Recovery, Virtualization, Windows, Active Directory, CentOS, RedHat Linux, Riverbed Steel Fusion, VMWare, HP 3Par, Veeam Backup, Storage Area Network (SAN), Microsoft Azure, WAN acceleration