Eursap’s Tip of the Week: Comparing SAP table contents across SAP systems
If you have a large table with lots of entries and you need to see the difference between the values in one system compared with another, SAP has a very handy standard way of doing this. This is very useful, for example, in comparing values in the production system with values in the quality system.
Take a bow, transaction SCMP.
The only prerequisite required for the two systems is that they are linked via an RFC connection – a simple task which your basis team can set up for you.
1. To run the comparison, enter transaction SCMP.
2. Enter the connection to the linked system in the “R/3 connection” box.
3. You can restrict the selection of entries by selecting the first check box, “Enter selection requirements”. This is recommended when dealing with large tables with a huge number of fields, such as MARA. Similarly, you can display only the differences via the second check box. Background execution is run via the third selection (useful for when the number of entries in the table is huge). And finally, you can restrict the fields for comparison by using the fourth check box.
4. Click on the “Comparison” button to execute the task. You will be presented by a dialog box as below. Click the enter tick.
5. The list is then generated for display. Handily, by selecting the “Legend” icon, you can see what each colour means, as well as the code which prefixes each entry:
This comparison programs works well in both ECC6.0 and SAP S/4HANA.
I hope you find this useful! Stay tuned for another SAP Tip from Eursap next week.
Be sure to also check out Eursap’s SAP Blog for more in depth articles.